Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Word

Resolutions, Smesolutions...yep! That's about how I feel about those little pesky things. I'll make this short & sweet for 2 reasons: 1) It's just about lunch time out here at the Hatch Ranch in Memphis, Tx where I've been spending the last week hanging out with the Hatches and anticipating my husbands' first deer of the year. 2) I'm not in a long-winded talking mood.

I have this fantastic friend who is "older & wiser" (got that all you Sound of music fans?)...I digress, & every single year she prays for the Lord to give her a NEW Word to follow for the following year. It could be precisely one word or one scripture to lead her on a new journey with Him for the next year. I completely forgot about this treasured tradition until I had the pleasure of having breakfast with her last week. I began to pray the same thing immediately that day and everyday that followed. On Wednesday morning, December 30th, He swiftly answered me. I was surprised and humbled by the brilliant clarity of His answer. I have been studying Isaiah for the past month or so and this is exactly where He spoke to me in order to lead me to the ultimate answer to my prayer, Ephesians 1:17. Read it and enjoy. Have a blessed new year and keep in mind there is more than enough time to pray this same prayer for yourself.

SEA

No comments:

Post a Comment